The Museum of the Sapereta Cellar on Elba Island
Inside the Cellar we have created an historical collection of old trades where it is possible to find the machines and implements used by our grandfathers. Since 2003 the collection has been included in the Census of Scientific Collections in Tuscany. The small Museum, which is located in the grounds of the farm, was established when the Sapere family, proprietors of the historic farm, began to collect objects.
Collection of working implements
The collection includes farming implements (above all for viticulture and wine production) and the tools connected with traditional craftwork (ironmonger, carpenter, cobbler).
- number of finds: close to 400
- subject area: Ethno Anthropological
- proprietor: Azienda Agricola Sapereta
- curator: Italo Sapere
- dedicated exhibition area: 80 m²
- 10.00-13.00, 16.30-18.00. Saturday and Sunday closed. July-August: 10.00-13.00, 14.30-22.00 open every day.
- Entrance fee: no charge
- Information material: in preparation